Wednesday, May 05, 2010

En Taro Starcraft 2

This is my longwinded story of how I got into Starcraft 2 beta for free.

OK. So usually I'm not one to get excited over betas, never participated in them, never bothered trying to. Then one day friend of mine says he got into SC2 beta. I non-chalantly ask him "how." He replies, you can get in just by pre-ordering the game from Gamestop.

Then I think, hmmm..I never buy from that site. But the SC2 release date is so far away. Many had even doubted it would come out this year (2010). So I thought it would be worth it to pre-order to get into the beta early, and play SC2 by up to a few months ahead of everyone else. Most pre-orders dont charge your credit card until the game ships, and you can always cancel your order until the day the game ships. Not for SC2 though, because of the fact that you get into the beta. They dont want people pre-ordering just to get into the beta and then cancelling their order thereafter.

Then yesterday it was announced. SC2 - JULY 27, 2010. I was like shit. So soon! I expected the game to come out in October or something. the delivery address I used was my dorm at ND. I won't be back till end of August! Some stranger is going to get my game!!! So I e-mailed them asking them to postpone delivery until a month later when I would be back. They said CANNOT. I should just go ahead and cancel and place a new order.

COOL. SO I CAN CANCEL MY ORDER (cost me an insanely high $65) and I still got to keep my beta! Now I need to find a cheaper site to purchase SC2 from.

This was my long-winded story of how I got into the SC2 beta. for FREE. Hopefully Kane is Real will make a return soon.

No comments: