Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kane is Real Pt.10: Westwood disowns C&C4.

Ok not Westwood, cause it doesn't really exist anymore, but a former developer of Westwood.

Alright, so apart from me, pretty much everyone else including Hitler doesn't like C&C4. (see previous post. Also make sure to lookup videos of Hitler phones Kane, Hitler phones Yuri, etc. Farny stuff!)

And now, one of the former developers of Westwood whom everyone loves, Adam Isgreen shares his thoughts on C&C4. He trashes it.

The problem I have is, he is trashing it before he has even finished it. And some of the complaints he makes are about things that are just wrong, that he doesn't know enough about.

And lastly, Mr former Westwood guy who worked on Tiberian Sun, your new games at your new Petroglyph Studios (Universe at War) tanked big time, so I'm pretty sure that if you were in charge of C&C4 you'd tank it as well.

Here's a snippet of his C&C4 review.

So all of that is very clever and all, and it’s a tight design loop of all the systems, but you know what? This feels like a downloadable RTS game, one I’d pay $20 dollars for on Steam.

...

I had a theory that this game didn’t start out as a core C&C title. After talking to various folks, turns out I’m not completely off base with that assumption, which explains a lot.

I applaud the EA folk for actually trying something new, but I don’t think that messing around with the finale in a franchise and story that’s 15 years in the making was the right moment to get experimental. You know what’s funny? If they’d taken everything they cut from this game and made that into a game, we’d be much closer to a classic C&C than what was produced.

I don’t personally see C&C4 as a core C&C game. But, if you treat it as a stand-alone multiplayer-centric game and have a group of friends you can play regularly with, go for it.


Read the rest of his article at his own blog. HERE

On the side note, I've been looking at some old videos of C&C3 gameplay. And I must admit, that is a really good C&C game. But I still maintain that while it was better, I am now enjoying C&C4 more. IT SUITS CASUAL PICK UP AND PLAY GAMERS LIKE ME. So bugger off Adam! Go play your own crappy Petroglyph games!

No comments: